List of IIT Colleges in india
The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are a group of autonomous public engineering institutes of India. The IITs are governed by the Institutes of Technology Act, 1961 which has declared them as “institutions of national importance”, and lays down their powers, duties, framework for governance etc. The Institutes of Technology Act, 1961 lists sixteen institutes located at Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Mandi, Mumbai, Patna, Ropar, Roorkee and Varanasi. Each IIT is an autonomous institution, linked to the others through a common IIT Council, which oversees their administration. The IITs usually offer many degrees starting from B.Tech to Ph.D.
The IITs have a common admission process for undergraduate admissions. Though Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE), which in 2011 had an acceptance rate of less than 1 in 50 (485,000 candidates and only 9,618 seats). Undergraduate students will eventually receive a B. Tech. degree in Engineering. The graduate level program that awards M. Tech. degree in engineering is administered by the older IITs (Kharagpur, Bombay, Madras, Kanpur, Delhi, Varanasi, Guwahati, Roorkee). M.Tech. admission decisions are made on the basis of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). In addition to B. Tech and M. Tech programs IITs also award other graduate degrees such as M.Sc. in Engineering, Maths, Physics and Chemistry, MBA, PhD and more. Admission to these programs are through Common Admission Test (CAT), Joint Admission Test to M.Sc. (JAM) and Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED).
IIT alumni have achieved success in a variety of professions. IITs are Institutes of National Importance established through special acts of Indian Parliament.
4. General Certificate Education Examination (London/Cambridge/SriLanka) at the Advanced (A) level
5. High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University
6. Any Public School/Board/University exam in India or in foreign countries recognised by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2system
7. Pass grade at the time of applying for JEE in the Senior Secondary SchoolExamination conducted by National Open School with a minimum of five subjects
8. 3 or 4 year diploma recognised by AICTE or a state board of technical education
9. For admission to B Tech and 5 years Dual degree in Biotechnology & Biochemical Engineering at IIT Kharagpur, candidate must have had Biology or Life Sciences as a subject in the qualifying examination (10+2 level)
10. Age should not be more than 17 to 25 years
List of IIT Colleges in india
|IIT (BHU) Varanasi||IIT(BHU)||1919 (2012‡)||Varanasi||Uttar Pradesh|
|IIT Delhi||IITD||1961 (1963‡)||New Delhi||Delhi|
|IIT Hyderabad||IITH||2008||Hyderabad||Andhra Pradesh|
|IIT Indore||IITI||2009||Indore||Madhya Pradesh|
|IIT Kanpur||IITK||1959||Kanpur||Uttar Pradesh|
|IIT Kharagpur||IITKGP||1951||Kharagpur||West Bengal|
|IIT Madras||IITM||1959||Chennai||Tamil Nadu|
|IIT Mandi||IIT Mandi||2009||Mandi||Himachal Pradesh|
|IIT Roorkee||IITR||1847 (2001‡)||Roorkee||Uttarakhand|
‡ – year converted to IIT