Reserve bank of India is the premier bank of India formed in 1934 under RBI act. RBI does the huge task of regulating the flow of money in the indian economy by stabilizing liquidity in the market through its various tools and measures.
Advt.NO. :1 /ASST./2012-13
Official websites : rbi.org.in
Job Category: assistant
Post Name :assistant
Total Number of vacancies: 525
Location: all India
Last Date for Apply :20.06.2013
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for 525 posts of assistant in various officers of Reserve Bank of India (RBI/Bank) from Indian citizens, citizens of Nepal and subjects of Bhutan and persons of Indian origin who have migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and East African countries or Kenya, Uganda and United Republic of Tanzania with the intention of permanently settling in India and in whose favour Eligibility Certificates have been issued by Government of India, as per the details given below:
- Post of Assistant in diffrent Offices of RBI :-
|Office||Vacancy||Qualification||Age*||Pay (Per Month)|
|Ahmedabad||25||Degree in any discipline with min 50% marks (only pass for SC/ST/PWD candidates) and Proficiency in Local Language||18 – 28||21419|
|Kanpur & Lucknow||25|
|Thiruvananthapuram & Kochi||15|
**Age Measured as on May 01, 2013 (Relaxable as per stated terms).
- Online Applications - Till June 20, 2013
- Online Payment of Fees - May 30 – Jun 20, 2013
- Offline Payment of Fees - June 03 – Jun 24, 2013
- Online Examination Dates - To be held on Jul 20, 21, 27, 28, 2013
RBI Assistant Exam Eligibility
Age (as on 01-03-2013):-
Between 18 and 28 years candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/03/1984 and not later than 01/03/1994.
However there are certain relaxation in the upper age limits as given below
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST)||By 5 years, i.e. up to 33 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||By 3 years, i.e. up to 31 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||By 10 years (GEN) 13 years (OBC) & 15 years (SC/ST)|
|Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service rendered by them in Armed Forces plus an additional period of 3 years subject to maximum of 50 years.|
|Widows/divorced women/ women judicially separated who are not re-married||By 10 years|
|Ex-employees of banking institutions / Govt. offices, who were retrenched after at least one year’s service and who are applying through employment exchanges||By 6 years|
The aspiring candidate should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.
A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category should either be a graduate from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defense service. The Bachelor’s degree should be from the University within the Recruitment Zone as per Note below:
NOTE: The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination from the University/Board within the Recruitment Zone of the concerned Office to which he/she is applying.
|Name of office||Recruitment Zone|
|Ahmedabad||Gujarat and Union Territories of Daman and Diu|
|Bhopal||Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh|
|Chandigarh||Haryana , Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and Union Territory of Chandigarh|
|Chennai||Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry|
|Guwahati||Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura|
|Jammu||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Kanpur/ Lucknow||Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand|
|Kolkata||West Bengal, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Sikkim|
|Mumbai||Maharashtra (excluding Vidarbha Region) Goa and Union Territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli.Scheduled Tribe candidates residing in Vidarbha Region of Maharashtra are eligible to apply for vacancies in Mumbai Office.|
|Nagpur||Vidarbha Region of Maharashtra State, Madhya Pradesh and Chhatisgarh|
|New Delhi||Delhi and Haryana.|
|Patna||Bihar and Jharkhand|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Kerala and the Lakshadweep Islands|
|RECRUITMENT OF ASSISTANTS AS PER TO ADVERTISEMENT NO. 1 /ASST./2012-13|
RBI Assistant Recruitment Important Dates..
|Date of Commencement of Application||:||30/05/2013|
|Date of Closure||:||20/06/2013|
|Date of Closure for Edit||:||22/06/2013|
|Last Date for Reprint||:||05/07/2013|
|Online Payment||:||30/05/2013 to 20/06/2013 (both dates inclusive)|
|Offline Fee payment (through CBS challan)||:||03/06/2013 to 24/06/2013 (both dates inclusive)|
How to apply for RBI Assistant Exam?
Candidates can adopt any of the following give two procedures to apply for RBI Assistant Exam.
Imp: Candidates should have valid email ID. This will help him/her in getting call letter/ interview advices, etc. by e-mail)
OPTION-I: Payment of Fee (OFFLINE)
- Candidates should first scan their photograph and signature as per guidelines.
- Candidates to visit Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in for filling the Online Application Form.
- Fill the application carefully. In the event of the candidate not able to fill the data in one go, he/she can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidates should note down the registration number and password. Email & SMS indicating the Registration number and Password will be sent. Candidates can reopen the saved data using Registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed. This facility will be available for three times only. Once the application is filled complete, candidate should submit the data. Candidates should take a printout of the system generated fee payment challan immediately. No change/edit will be allowed thereafter. The registration at this stage is provisional.
- Fee Payment: Fee payment will be accepted from 2nd working day after registration and can be made within three working days at any branch of any one of the banks, viz. Bank of Baroda / Bank of India / Indian Overseas Bank / Central Bank of India / Punjab National Bank / United Bank of India. System generated fee payment challan will be used for depositing fee. Once fee paid, the registration process is completed.
- Candidate will receive registration confirmation by SMS/e-mail after two working days from the date of payment of fees. Please ensure to furnish correct Mobile number / e-mail address to receive the registration confirmation.
Note: There is also a provision to reprint the submitted application containing fee details, after three days from the date of fee payment.
OPTION-II: Payment of Fees[ONLINE] :
- FOLLOW STEPS (i) to (iii) GIVEN UNDER OPTION-I ABOVE. However, fee payment challan will not be generated and fee payment will have to made online through payment gateway available thereat.
- After ensuring the correctness of the particulars of the application form candidates are required to pay fees through the payment gateway integrated with the application, following the instructions available on the screen. No change/edit will be allowed thereafter.
- The payment can be made by using MASTER/VISA debit/ credit cards or Internet Banking by providing information as asked on the screen. Transaction charges for online payment will be borne by the candidates.
- On successful completion of the transaction, e-receipt and application form will be generated; Candidates can take a printout for their record.
- If the online transaction has not been successfully completed, Candidates may register again. Candidates may then revisit Online Application link and fill in their application details again and make payment online.
Note: There is also a provision to reprint the eReceipt and Application form containing fee details, at later stage.
7. Basic Instruction to be follow while applying:
- Candidates need not submit /send at any address, application printouts or any certificates or copies thereof at the time of online application. Their candidature will be considered on the strength of the information declared in the application. If at any stage, it is found that any information furnished in the online application is false/ incorrect or if according to the Bank, the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria, his/ her candidature/ appointment is liable to be cancelled/ terminated.
- All educational qualifications should have been obtained from recognised universities/ institutions in India or abroad. If grades are awarded instead of marks, candidates should clearly indicate its numerical equivalent.
- Candidates should satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the post applied for. The Bank would admit to the ‘WE’’ all the candidates applying for this post with the requisite fee (wherever applicable) on the basis of the information furnished in the online application and shall determine their eligibility only at the final stage, i.e. Interview stage.
- The Bank shall not entertain requests from the candidates seeking advice about their eligibility to apply.
- All registered candidates will be required to download the call letters from Bank’s website which will be made available at appropriate time but well before the ‘WE’ date. An intimation about the same will be sent by Email / SMS.
- Candidates will have to appear for the ‘‘WE’’ at their own expense. However, those called for interview, will be reimbursed to and fro actual II AC railway fare by the shortest route from the place of their residence/place of work to the place of interview, whichever is nearer.
- In all correspondence with the Bank, Registration number received on submission of application and Roll no. indicated in ‘AL’ must be quoted.
- Candidates already in service of Govt./quasi-Govt. organisations and public sector banks /undertakings will have to produce a “no objection certificate” from their employer, at the time of interview. However, before appointment in RBI, a proper discharge certificate from the employer will have to be produced.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- In all matters regarding eligibility, conduct of examinations, interview, assessment, prescribing minimum qualifying standards in ‘‘WE’’ and interview, in relation to number of vacancies and communication of result, the Bank’s decision shall be final and binding on the candidates and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
- Mobile phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises, where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disqualification including ban from future examinations.
- The Bank will not furnish the mark-sheet to candidates. However, the ‘‘WE’’ and interview marks may be available on the Banks ‘website after the declaration of the final result.
- The post is also open to the employees of RBI (staff candidates) who satisfy the eligibility criteria separately stipulated by the Bank.
- Any resultant dispute arising out of this advertisement shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts situated in Mumbai only.
Guidelines for Scanning the Photograph
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below.
- Photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture.
- The picture should be in colour, against a light-coloured, preferably white, background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows
- If you have to use flash, ensure there’s no “red-eye”
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious head wear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 20kb–50 kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50KB. If the size of the file is more than 50 KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- The signature will be used to put on the Hall Ticket and wherever necessary.
- If the Applicant’s signature on the answer script, at the time of the examination, does not match the signature on the Hall Ticket, the applicant will be disqualified.
- Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 10kb – 20kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20KB
SCANNING THE PHOTOGRAPH & SIGNATURE:
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- Set Color to True Color
- File Size as specified above
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is : image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon.
Candidates using MS Windows/MSOffice can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50KB & 20KB respectively by using MS Paint or MSOffice Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50KB (photograph) & 20KB (signature) by using crop and then resize option (Please see point (i) & (ii) above for the pixel size) in the ‘Image’ menu. Similar options are available in other photo editor also.
If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate should fill in all his/her details on Page 1. After verifying that the details filled in are correct and clicking on the ‘Submit/ Next’ button a link will be provided on Page 2 of the online application form to upload his/her photograph and signature.
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature
- There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature
- Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph / Signature”
- Browse & Select the location where the Scanned Photo / Signature file has been saved.
- Select the file by clicking on it
- Click the ‘Upload’ button
Your Online Application will not be registered unless you upload your photo and signature as specified.
- In case the face in the photograph or signature is unclear the candidate’s application will be rejected.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of their system generated online application forms after registering.
- In case the photograph or signature is unclear, the candidate may edit his/her application and re upload his/her photograph or signature.